Working with us
How can you become a teacher at the German International School Sydney?
You apply directly with the school as a teacher with a local contract. In any case, we recommend that you take a look at our job vacancies, before making an application to see any current vacancies we may have available.
If there are no current vacancies listed, we also recommend you send a general application (expression of interest) in writing (via email-please- no paper) to the school. Teaching vacancies may come up at any time and it is therefore an advantage if we have resumes on file.
What are the expectations and requirements for teaching at GISS?
- Completed training as a teacher with several years experience in Primary Schools, Secondary Schools or Comprehensive Schools
- Proficient German and English knowledge (both written and verbal)
- Be familiar with competency orientated teaching, open work methods and methodical teaching
- Outstanding commitment, able to work under pressure and in a team environment
- Permitted by German governing authorities to work overseas
- Positions available? You can find our job vacancies here
Please understand that we may not be able to consider your application if you do not meet the criteria outlined or if there are no suitable positions available.